Aaj janay ki zidd na karo..

"Will we meet again?" There is something about watching the sea while it was about to rain. It was like the sky was writing a letter dipped in the ink of bittersweet love. I watched the sea kiss the shore in anticipation, almost like she was whispering a secret. "I don't know." He murmured, the words lost in the waves. Maybe we shouldn't meet. Maybe love was supposed to end like an unfinished song, 'cause then it will be easier to bury it. You might eventually forget the grave where it was buried, although the melody will haunt you like a love song that tastes like ashes in your mouth, leaving a faint trace of petrichor of the day you both whispered in your silence that you love each other. "When you see me again, will you walk away without a second glance or will you smile?" I echoed the same words he had asked once. I still remember the joy in his words like it was an impossible thought. But maybe it was a prophecy of sorts, that one day our hearts will have become strangers and our love nothing but a shadow of its former self. "I don't know, " he whispered and I heard the pain he had hidden behind his words. But that's the truth isn't it? Soon this love too shall be lost in between the pages of a forgotten book and the memories will have faded and receded in the vast emptiness of our hearts, till they become the pieces of our hearts that live in the silence between our heartbeats. "No matter what I wouldn't change anything." I whispered while looking out at the sea. He nodded his head. Because that was the truth. No matter how painful it was now, I wouldn't change anything, not a moment, not a memory. I wouldn't change anything about this love. .//

3 love for me ..:

Anonymous said...

Aur bhi dukh hein zamanay mein muhabbat ke siwa,
Raahatein aur bhi hein wasl ki raahat ke siwa,
Mujhse pehli si muhabbat mere mehboob na maang.

Anonymous said...

You shall reap what you sow, you never cared about his whispers you were too busy with all that glittery world that surrounded you. Anyhow, things are different today, everything has moved forward so did he and you. Hope you are doing well!

Wasif Malik said...

Tamanna' hamesha lahaasil ki rehti hai

Behind the curtain..

My photo
I believe that it's the ordinary that is so distinguished. I am only an amateur who sees the mundane with a twist. Goes around putting titles on self-perceived moments as life goes on by...
 

Masquerades..

“I can read women. But god damn you woman, you’re all over the place. If I could read you I’d be god” -David Flecha

Twitteraati

About

I believe that it's the ordinary that is so distinguished. I am only an amateur who sees the mundane with a twist. Goes around putting titles on self-perceived moments as life goes on by...